Miyerkules, Mayo 16, 2012

Anawangin Adventure Part1 - Prep


About a year or less, Regi and I usually takes Friday night as time for 2 bottles (sometime 2 buckets for us). One time we invited some officemates and friends to join us.  One of our operations lead (boss Chris) says he’ll follow and ask that we just continue in his place. Elak (Gerald from my previous blog – Fiesta in Indang) also came and he invited his cousin JR.  At that time, JR looks like a playful boy and a newbie in the world of Career. I didn’t get the chance to talk to him since Regi and I usually talk a lot about everything, except maybe for petty conversation like where does he work and the likes.


Just recently, Elak invited JR to come over our place. This time, I had learned things the guy is in to. BTW, JR now looks different; now a little mature, bigger and manly.



As we talk, he suddenly mentions he is into mountaineering, not professional but he has experience.

Lately, I’ve been hearing a lot about Mount Pulag (somewhere Baguio or Mt. Province). I advice him I’m interested joining him as I am targeting Mt. Pulag. Mt. Pulag is Philippines 3rd highest peak (based on news I heard and if its correct).

Photo Courtesy of www.kellyaustria.com

JR says that I should start with short trek and hike to prepare for Mt. Pulag. Hmnn, I was thinking if me being hardcore in jogging, running and walking couldn’t be able to finish it? But yes, I need training since I’m a newbie with trekking and hiking.
The following week, conversation still continues in email. This time we are now talking about the future and we end up with Anawangin in Zambales.

Anawangin is one of the coves in Zambales where the only way you can reach it is either trek or boat. The place became famous after the showing of Bea Alonzo and Sam Milby’s movie.  Anawangin is beautiful with its Pine trees, secluded ambience, mountains around and the overlooking cove.

I have been to Anawangin 2 times going there by boat. Since I'm not after swimming, trekking is a good idea. I heard the trek is about 4-5 hours.

Before we go to the trekking adventure, here are some photos of Anawangins beauty.















Adventure, Trekking and Cost guide on Part 2. Happy reading!

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento