Martes, Agosto 21, 2012

Make it a Habit: Eating Healthy


Make it a Habit: Eating Healthy

I once attended the Victory Fellowship in UP together with Cheryl Joy “Bajoy”. Bajoy is one of my housemate, a very good ebullient friend and Keribells one important piece.


“It will take 21 days to make a habit” quoted by the Lecturer. Yes, it’s hard. But we can catch-up. In this case, we are given a bookmark with 21 Bible verses for 21 days of reading and understanding. I bring the bookmark in the office so that I can easily Google the verse for my reading and understanding. I was able to manage the five day challenge, and I’m feeling a lil’ contented. And so weekend came, the bookmark was left and I was not able to read on the sixth and seventh. So the habit was break, but then we can still catch things up. So I do 2-3 verses every Monday until finish. As of now, I still check verses online daily.

Anyway, let’s move to habit that we want to achieve. Eating healthy!

This is also a big challenge for me as I work in a BPO industry. We usually sort to eating at 24-hour food chains, especially, I’m at night shift. McDonalds, Jollibee, KFC and all others we see regularly.

I saw a post in twitter regarding McNuggets made of beef. I didn’t read through the article, but I sorted to Google-ing the ingredients and components. At some point, I understand everything but when tertiary butylhydroquinone pop-up in my eyes, I was like, what in the world was that? I did some research and I’m not so sure if you would want to ingest an additive to fuels http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tert-Butylhydroquinone .



One thing I want to work on is NOT-TO-EAT food with ingredients I can’t even pronounce.

1.       Do your grocery weekly - Get the stuffs which you can easily cook.

In supermarkets and public markets just get something handy to avoid spoiling

Vegetables:
-          You can get vegetable/s enough for 1 cooking. If you can go for organic, a lot better (It’s just a little pricey).
Tip: my cousin Maya, advice me to soak the vegetable for 5 minutes in 1 Liter of water with 2 tbs. spoon of Sukang Iloko (Ilocos Vinegar). I’m not sure why but she says there is component in sukang iloko that can reduce/eliminate pesticide components and other unwanted elements clinging to the vegetables.

                Meat / Fish
-          Don’t get kilos of meat; just get enough for your consumption.

Dairy
-          SM sells organic eggs (well, I hope!)

Sugar
-          Use the Muscovado Brown Sugar. They say brown sugar is much healthier, try using muscovado brown sugar. Try a spoon of Muscovado sugar and add about 3-5 drops of water, this turns into molasses like when dissolve.




2       Do variety

With the availability of different kinds of food items, get stuffs that you would want to try. If you don’t know how to cook it, then Google it!

Here are some great food blogs, I usually look into (A very good help all the time):

-          http://casaveneracion.com/
-          http://panlasangpinoy.com/


Whether you are too busy or whether you work in whatever time and place, it’s not an excuse that you will eat all crappy foods you can found everywhere. Take a time to nourish yourself and always make sure to find time for Me-Time.

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento